I dropped off our last kid to go yesterday morning at around 6:30am. He was sharing a ride and a u-haul with his roommate - hopefully they made it okay (13-ish hour drive - I haven't heard from him yet). I spent most of the day yesterday AND today cleaning and doing laundry - for the first time in nearly 3 months I feel like my house is clean and organized (just don't open the door to my sewing room - I haven't made it that far yet). I even turned out a few cupboards today. Anywho...I got to thinking about the School in the World of Neels. Here are my (admittedly) random thoughts:
1. No Neels heroine ever goes to uni. They do take nurses 'training', courses in computer or other office skills - that's about it.
2. Heroine's brothers may well go to Cambridge...but if they do, they may as well be ghosts for all the help/input they give the family. Very seldom (but it does happen) younger sisters go to school...there's that one where the sister is going to be a doctor...Anyone?
3. Younger siblings always need help with their maths.
4. Younger boy siblings usually go to boarding school.
5. Younger girl siblings usually go to day school.
6. Dutch children don't go to boarding school.
7. Hero's sisters sometimes go to uni.
I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this, just that I would like someone to come help my teenage son with his maths...someone besides me (I'm the type to tot up wildly inaccurate sums on the back of an envelope). Anyone?