Friday, July 16, 2010

Contest!! Re-name That Book II

Betty Keira recently did a review of The Most Marvelous Summer. In her review, she mentioned a couple that met in the National Gallery...which got me thinking that I knew another book which had a couple meeting at the National Gallery. I could relate practically the entire plot, including names...but I drew a blank at the title. I ended up looking through my entire collection (which happens to be sorted alphabetically...sue me), before I finally found The End of the Rainbow. Memorable book. Forgettable title.

So here's the contest. Let's re-name a few Neels! Here's a link to the last time we did it. This time it'll be a little harder, we've only reviewed one of books in question. The three I chose are:


The End of the Rainbow
A Small Slice of Summer
The Most Marvelous Summer

Here are my (admittedly lame) attempts:

Falling for Love at the National Gallery
Tishy and the Bull
Matilda and the Marvelous Summer of Mumps.

We'll leave the contest open until Saturday, the 24th of July, at which time The Grand High Poobah Arbiters of Everything will make their selection. Enter early, enter often! Either post your entry in the comments section here, or email it to us and we'll post it for you.

Prize: A custom Uncrushable Jersey Dress tote bag. Or two, if we get enough entries.

13 comments:

  1. Betty Barbara here--
    I've only got one right now:
    End of the Rainbow==Where's Waldo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Small Slice of Summer==Love, Beta Edition

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you all know that Betty Ellen spent all of yesterday afternoon sorting her Neels seventy-six Neels books in publishing order. Does anyone think it's time for me to go back to work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The End of the Rainbow - Blood is Not Thicker Than Water

    A Small Slice of Summer - Tish Tosh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bettyellen: I'm pretty sure I'm not qualified to throw stones at anyone who sorts any books into any kind of order. I tend to be slightly obsessive/compulsive when it comes to my books. Ask Betty Keira, she'll vouch for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done that too, only I tried to sort me entire collections of Betty Neels AND Essie Summers. Oi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, Call me crazy or say I have too much time on my hands, but I think I came up with a brilliant idea for another contest. We have to take photos of ourselves in which our mouths curve in a smile that doesn't quite reach out eyes. I've tried it, as so many evil, thin, rich, mean, frivolous, well-dressed Betty Neels girlfriends often do - and it's not as easy as it looks. Then we submit the photos and vote for the best one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cut of your jib, Betty Ellen. Now, if I could only pour myself into that scarlet, slinky trouser suit, the effect would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After four kids in my thirties and forties, the salt cellar chest is out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Small slice of summer = Tish's Take Two
    The Most Marvellous summer = Matched with Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lumps, Mumps and ffrumps
    Summer Slivers

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about:

    Matilda's Messes

    Letty's Longings

    ReplyDelete
  13. End of the Rainbow - A Titan for Olympia
    A Small Slice of Summer - Letitia Won't Go to Brighton or Letitia's Trust
    The Most Marvellous Summer - The Many Careers of Matilda

    ReplyDelete