Saturday, July 24, 2010

Contest Winners

I had a contest post all ready to go...and then we got a just-under-the-wire set of e-mail entries from Betty JoDee. Drat her evil genius! Kidding...about the evil thing. Betty Keira and I, in our roles as The Grand High Poobah Arbiters of Everything, decided to add a separate category just for her. The right hand picture in each collage is Betty JoDee's, the center is an original, and the left is our winner. Best re-naming of The End of the Rainbow, congratulations Betty Barbara. Elegantly simple. Betty JoDee used this contest as a family project (extra points for awesomeness!). Her helpers for this entry included "The Heir and The Spare".
Best re-naming of The Most Marvellous Summer? Thank you opramum! We here at The Uncrushable Jersey Dress are suckers for double lower-case "f's". Well played. Betty JoDee took it over the top with her entry...here is the note she added: Parental Advisory: Professor van der Hertenzoon ventured that the title includes a slang connotation (of what, I have no idea. If men spent more time painting porches and fixing window screens, they would have less time to dream up such foolishness but I digress…). He postulated that a RBD would certainly know, a RDD would probably know, but perhaps few Bettys would. So in the spirit of A Neels Naïveté: Can I get a raise of hands of all those who just snorted milk out their nose?

Best re-naming of A Small Slice of Summer? We love the allusions to both Tishy's deplorable temperament AND the bull chasing episode. Well, done Shilpa! Betty JoDee nailed the pink car to the wall! Hil-freakin-larious. Of course she had some girly help: "The Princess Royale and The Littlest Princess".

Winners:
Betty Barbara, opramum, shilpa AND Betty JoDee!
*Send us an email with your address and your prize preferences. Winners are eligible for a super-cute tote-bag OR a super-fantastic book cover OR a Betty Neels book (we have about 3 dozen to choose from).

11 comments:

  1. Oh thank you, thank you for smiling on my small offering.
    And congrats to the other winners--you rock! And Betty JoDee--wow, what can I say? You are full of awesome.

    Betty Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am snorting milk now - had to make brownies so I could drink milk and snort - due to the Hil-Freakin'-lariousness of the winning titles. A hardy clap on the back for the judges (they are a biase pair) and the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I love about this blog is how clever the bloggers and the commentors are. I admire all of you and enjoy reading what everyone writes. The titles were terrific and I congratulate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oh my, I am surprised and thrilled!!!! They were all so hysterical I didn't think I had a chance! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell that our thatched-roof cottage in the village was in thunderstorms all last week so we had time on our hands?

    The "consequences of Brighton" were thrilled with the recognition. I bought their shares of victory loot with frozen lemonades at the ballpark last night (Professor van der Hertenzoon, with a much more dubious claim to the winning treasure, had to be bought with--shall we say--a more energetic effort). Thus with a clear title to the prize, I would love a "Freedom of Friesland" print book cover (not that we are ashamed of our Neels reading material but rather have an obligation to little future Bettys to protect the vintage covers).

    All the titles were great--the kids' favorite was, as one might guess, "Where's Waldo?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. "consequences of Brighton"--hahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'd so love a tote bag, but I'm having trouble finding where to send my email...

    Consequences of Brighton..., the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you, thank you. This is super cool. I would love a Betty Neels book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I will be sewing your book cover, Betty JoDee, I thought I'd give you a heads up that I'll be doing it next week. I'll probably make a 'how-to' post about it as well since I love book covers so much that I keep giving them away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I got a treat in the mail when we got home from out trip today! I love my tote with "Ring in a Teacup" on it! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished 7 new bookcovers and will be mailing Betty JoDee's tomorrow. They do kick serious RDD butt.

    ReplyDelete