Friday, January 22, 2010

Cheese Board?!


I was feeling particularly melancholy the other day. I've just finished nursing my latest/last kid and there's a certain Tevye Effect going on at my house. "Wasn't it yesterday when they were small? Sunrise, sunset..." Okay, pass the tissue--or in Betty's case, fine lawn monogrammed handkerchiefs.

So, I sought solace in my dairy product of choice. Costco brand vanilla ice cream with lashings of Hershey's chocolate syrup and mixed nut sprinkles. Each bite dropped into my soul like manna from heaven. I defy Professor Minjeer Jonkeer van der Rijk ter Sene's cheese board to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. All you were missing was the lashing of whipped cream.

    Dr. van der Stevejinck has a coupon for a free carton of Tillamook ice cream burning a hole in his beautifully tailored tweeds. I predict a visit to Fred Meyer befor the day is through.

    ReplyDelete