Friday, January 8, 2010

Who moved Betty Neels?

I am a Betty Neels newbie. There, I said it. While I have dipped my toe into the literary world that Ms. Neels created, I am nowhere near familiar with more than a handful of her books. Even then, I tend to lump those together. You see, I tend to graze as I read. Take what I like and mooove on. I am relying on Betty Keira and Betty Debbie to point out the fashion, culinary delights, and general subtle (or not so) nuances that are so rife in these books.

Well, with this new blog, I committed to familiarize myself with a few more titles. Broaden my horizons, if you will (who knew that Betty would write about Spain?!). I decided to hit up my local library and check out this week's review book. I wasn't hopeful, as my library only has @ 35 ish of her books, but try I would.

As I entered the (gasp) Romance section, I headed to the Betty Neels section. She warrants an entire shelf to herself....or so I thought. The books weren't there! Who moved Betty Neels?!

I looked in the computer and wondered if she had been delisted. Nope, she's still in the library, but listed in the general "Romance" section. Who knew there were so many types of Romance?! Back to the section I went, refusing to ask for help. After a bit of looking, at eye level, there were a measly 6 Betty Neels books to choose from. I may need to start requesting inter-library lending.

4 comments:

  1. As I told you earlier. Sometimes the Large Print section (for all those old lady readers) has a good supply. Way to take one for the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I am fairly sure that La Neels would have only approved of being a Mrs. not a Ms. But you're new here so we forgive you. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we'll have a drawing next week for a book - that way you can start to build your own Neels Collection (if you get lucky...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky your library even has any at all. Our country library has some Nora Roberts and that's about it for romances. (Oh, and a spinner of miscellaneous paperback novels, including romances, that might include a Betty Neels or it might not.)

    I envy people their wonderful libraries, but then I remember how little I pay in property taxes and I think how many books that saved money can buy!

    ReplyDelete