Thursday, August 19, 2010

Betty and the Real World


A Secret Infatuation:

The good doctor must operate on an anonymous female international star in 1994. Based on my deductions, I posit that she is...Cindy Crawford. What was she up to in 1994?

The Reverend Mr. Joshua Watts does not like the moors of Dartmoor. He'd prefer to take Eugenie off to a parish in one of the Home Counties--the counties that border and surround London.


Midnight Sun's Magic:Keats Life Mask: Would you like fries with that?

The noisy gull is christened 'Immortal' from a poem by Keats. It's that same Keats who wrote Ode on a Grecian Urn which concludes:
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," – that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
It makes a good line and I'm rather inclined to agree but I have to make dinner so will have to go philosophize over pizza. Seriously though, Keats was once registered as a medical student and I wonder what the family thought of all this beauty and truth stuff when he chucked that to go into the lucrative field of romantic poetry.

Annis runs away to Schudderbeurs. Here's a link. For a place that figured so prominently in the world of La Neels I'm surprised not to see it splashed all over the Internet. The food is supposed to be superb so I'm keeping this on my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment