Wednesday, August 11, 2010

McGriddles II


I'm incredibly busy this week - and I have a house full of people...so I'm not doing a regular food post.

Last week I posted my first effort at making homemade McGriddles. They were good - but not quite right - they definitely needed more of a maple syrup kick. Rebekah and I gave them another chance on Saturday, and knocked it out of the park.

The fillings weren't any different - except that I happened to have regular bacon instead of turkey bacon, the difference was in the pancakes. This time I made them a little runnier, then I added a capful of Mapleine (artificial maple flavor)to the batter...that helped, but it still wasn't enough...so I added a spoonful of sugar. Bam. Rebekah made up the little maple drops, which we put on the batter after it was on the grill, then I drizzled just a little bit of syrup on them. Sticky? Check. Delicious? Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment