Friday, March 22, 2013

Betty in the Wild

Dr. van der Stevejinck and I took our youngest pledge (who turned 18 during our trip) to Orlando, while our daughter, her husband and their four pledges drove down from South Carolina. We had a lovely week...and I even remembered to take a few Betty in the Wild pictures...though I am tempted to call these "Betty and the Princesses"...

I took Cordelia and Charles (Magic in Vienna) along with me. Magic Kingdom/Magic in Vienna - it seemed appropriate.

No trip to the Magic Kingdom is complete without a photo op in front of Cinderella's castle.

While not exactly a great socking Bentley, I was sitting on the passenger side - British passenger side...while my 7 year old granddaughter gleefully sped down the expressway at the maximum allowable speed. Let's just say, she won't be getting her Advanced Driver's Certificate anytime soon.
Cordelia, Belle, and anonymous kids....in Beast's library! (my camera ran out of memory right after this picture, and I didn't clear it out in time to get more)
True, there is no picture of Cordelia here, but my granddaughter was enjoying the moment...
...and I did attempt a picture...but as you can see, it wasn't going to work...
...undaunted, I handed my book to Cinderella for an autograph, which she was much too gracious to refuse.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I bet that you have the only Betty book in the world signed by Cinderella! :-)

    Betty AnoninTX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same copy of Magic in Vienna, my very first Neels. It has turned positively green with envy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I myself am not envious at all." Betty A. uttering this whopping lie with a perfectly straight face – after hours of practice in front of a mirror...
    Dear Betty Debbie, I hope that you and Dr. van der Stevejinck enjoyed shepherding your pledges and the little grandpledges through the Magic Kingdom. Wish I could have been there, too! Gorgeous pictures. Magic in Vienna blends right into the colours in the beast's library! The pictures of your granddaughter with Cinderella are just too cute. sigh

    ReplyDelete