Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Betty Book Swap

It's been suggested before, but an email from Betty Cyndi gave me the nudge I needed to get this going.
The Great Betty Book Swap!

Here's the email she sent us:
Hi founding Betty’s,

I have a question for you. I have several duplicate Betty books (I’m building my collection by buying lots on ebay). I was wondering if others might be in the same boat, and, if so, if you would consider a book trading page on your blog. We could just post a list of the books we have duplicates of and see if others have books to swap? What do you think.
BTW, I’m having a huge fun time being a part of your community. It’s a fairly diverse group, but one thing you all have in common is a great sense of humor!
Thanks for considering this.
Cyndi

I know we have several Bettys who own the entire canon.  As of this past week, I too have managed to collect them all (I thought I already had, but discovered that I was missing Never Say Goodbye, so it was off to Amazon.com for my own copy). 

So - post your extra copies (if you're willing to part with them) OR request books you're missing.  When you find a match, email me and we'll work out the addresses in confidence.  I probably don't need to mention it, but just so as to avoid any confusion, postage is to be paid by the sender.  Okay? 

Ready...Steady...GO!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Betty Debbie for doing this. I've a long way to go before I have a full deck of Betty books, so it will be great if we can help each other out. Here are the ones I have doubles of:


    ONCE FOR ALL TIME 2 copies

    ROSES AND CHAMPAGNE

    THE FATEFUL BARGAIN

    TWO WEEKS TO REMEMBER

    SURGEON FROM HOLLAND aka VISITING CONSULTANT

    I might very well purchase another ebay lot that has extras in it if I think I can find homes for them, but for now, this is what I've got. :-)

    I need lots and lots of books still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubles yet, but I do need two books:
    THE HASTY MARRIAGE
    VICTORY FOR VICTORIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty Barbara here--
    I shall post my offerings shortly. I do have quite a few, a lot of them with original covers.
    Stay tuned for future developments....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Bettys -- all my extras have gone to Betty Janet. Having hooked her on The Canon, the least I could do was support her habit!

    She might have some duplicates, though -- I'll ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty Marcia
    Betty Barbara here--I have an original copy of Victory for Victoria that i am willing to part with. Please contact Betty Debbie so we can do a swap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty Barbara here--

    Currently up for swap:

    Daughter of the Manor (original cover/larger print)
    Daughter of the Manor (reprint cover)
    A Kind of Magic(Original cover)
    A Kind of Magic(Reprint cover)
    Betty Neels Christmas--contains A Christmas Proposal & Winter Wedding
    Two for the Heart-contains The Proposal
    All Else Confusion(original cover)--warning! The glue is going on this one and the last few pages are loose--but they are all there.

    That's all I have right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty Barbara,
    I would be very happy to take the following off your hands: Daughter of the Manor, A Kind of Magic, Betty Neels Christmas and All Else Confusion. I am not particular about covers... it's whichever you want to pass on. If you would like any of the ones I posted let me know and we can swap out. If not, I'll buy these. Just let me know what price you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty Cyndi--
    Betty Barbara here--It's a deal! I'd like Visiting Consultant.
    Now, Please contact Betty Debbie and I will do likewise.
    No money need change hands--We are doing this for the love of Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty Marcia--
    Just skip The Hasty Marriage.
    --Betty JoDee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you aren't spreading sedition, Betty JoDee... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty Barbara here
    With revised list of available titles:
    Daughter of the Manor (original cover/larger print)GONE
    Daughter of the Manor (reprint cover)
    A Kind of Magic(Original cover)GONE
    A Kind of Magic(Reprint cover)
    Betty Neels Christmas--contains A Christmas Proposal & Winter Wedding GONE
    Two for the Heart-contains The Proposal
    All Else Confusion(original cover)--GONE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Better late than never. Here's my list (courtesy of my Conjugal Relations Results):
    Caroline's Waterloo (R) [beware the donkey comment]
    A Christmas Wish (R)
    Discovering Daisy (R)
    The Fateful Bargain
    The Gemel Ring
    (R)
    A Girl to Love
    A Match for Sister Maggy (R)
    The Moon for Lavinia (R)
    Not Once but Twice
    Roses for Christmas
    Two Weeks to Remember
    Winter Wedding
    [a little banged up but intact]

    ReplyDelete