Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Upcoming Reviews

 Monday, February 21st. The Awakened Heart. Sophie has suffered from some sort of blighted love, Rijk offers a Marriage of Convenience,  an 'other woman' who's really not an 'other woman'.

Thursday, February 24th. Not Once But Twice. Duert has a younger brother who is a cad - Christina gets a job in Holland on the strength of his feeble love. Duert considers her lack of looks...with a little effort they could get better with time.
a little time...a little effort...and a lot of make-up

5 comments:

  1. Defacing works of art. What have you descended to Betty Debbie?
    You made me laugh so hard I needed to go see my aunt! (an auntie may euphemism)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Barbara here
    Well, next week should be interesting. According to my spreadsheet, I have actually read The Awakened heart. Could've fooled me!!
    However, I do remember Not Once But Twice and I'll be interested to see what y'all thought of it.
    Poor Jane Seymour---excess makeup was not the answer--she just needed a better artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty Barbara here--
    Been trying to get poor Jane a better artist than Hans Holbein and not having much luck. The lady obviously did not sit very often for portraits!
    Try HERE for and interesting one of her as queen--I like the smile.
    But Here she get treated even worse! So who knows what the poor lady looked like! But she managed to attract Henry VIII, so she had something going for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lord -- my notes say I've read Not Once But Twice most recently last November, which means that by next week I'll have read it Not Once But Twice (just for this blog...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm I the only one that sees real people in these covers? Not Once but Twice:
    Duert
    Christina

    ReplyDelete