Thursday, June 2, 2011

Crafting with Betty Debbie

For the last week or two I've been working on decorating my hall bathroom (the only room in my house that I'd never actually painted). The theme was "The Empire Strikes Bath"...and as part of the decor I made these little darlings:

I took the magnetic containers from my office ($5 from IKEA for 3 - lots
of other stores carry similar containers)...that meant I needed to
replace them...so I took the opportunity to tart them up ala Betty Neels.

All you need to do is find an image you like, print or copy them, take out the ones that come
with the containers, then trace around those and cut out your new pictures.

Refill with your favorite office supplies (or sewing...or craft...)...

...and enjoy!
 


1 comment:

  1. Clever. I've done similar things but I make a sheet of polymer clay patterned with a cane and fill in the cap. I have a pile of heart-shaped tins that I scooped off tables after my nephew's daughter's wedding. They'd been left as favors and rejected by guests. (The had one of those sappy phrases like "A spoonful of sugar for you," with a teeny packet of colored sugar.)

    What I'm more intrigued with is your work area - sleek!

    me<><

    ReplyDelete