Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just an Innocent Girl Unacquainted with Life...


Hi there, I'm Betty Kylene. I'll be popping in here and there as I share with you my journey to discover Betty Neels.

I have read only 3 Betty Neels thus far, "Visiting Consultant" which has the English nurse, Dutch Doctor and uncrushable jersey dress, "Always and Forever" where the heroine thinks that she might go into "computers," "Magic in Vienna" where surprise kisses are doled out like candy and apparently hold as much importance.

Why I think I will be an asset to this blog:
I love food and if there is one thing La Neels likes to write about it is food.

I have actually been to England so I have eaten some of the foods and been to some of the cities. That counts for something doesn't it?

I get weak at the sight of blood, which isn't an asset but a liability in the world of Neels and the "theatre" which doesn't hold actors but surgeons and nurses.

I have an uncrushable jersey dress.

I knit and have a passion for fine needlework. Which I hear is very Neels though I haven't encountered it yet.

What am I getting out of this:
I am hoping that if I am good I can get myself invited to the Very Merry Betty Neels Feast where the menu is food taken from the books. I can't wait for Boeuf en Croute!

4 comments:

  1. I may be down in Portland at the end of January, we might just have to have a little Betty Neels cuisine....

    Also, Betty Keira and I have a book all picked out for you to read and review (as soon as we remember the title). It involves knitting. For twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I found it. "The Final Touch"- 1991

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great one You can also show us how to make homemade doll houses. Right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made Beef Wellington, which is basically the same thing. And I'm made the Queen of Puddings (at least I think I have -- will have to check). But not Dover sole, and Betty did like her "nice piece of fish," didn't she?

    ReplyDelete