Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Upcoming Reviews

Not this Melville.
(Melville Dewey, creator of the
Dewey Decimal System)
Monday, March 14th. Off With the Old Love. Boyfriend named Melville who's in television. Unfortunate rabbit fur jacket that was supposed to lend a 'cachet' to her outfit. It didn't.










Not this Leslie.
(Leslie Nielson in Forbidden Planet)

Thursday, March 17th. Esmeralda. Or...The Girl With The Gimpy Foot. The part of Tony the Fiancee is played by Leslie Chapman the Boyfriend (Leslie?? Of course he's a rotter!).


6 comments:

  1. I might actually spring for Esmerelda. I haven't read it yet, but read the beginning on the Harlequin website. They're just bringing the reprint out this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Barbara here--
    Just read Esmeralda, thanks to the new Harlequin re-print. Judging by the prices for used copies, it must be on a lot of Keeper Shelves. I'll save the rest of my comments for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esmeralda - she's the first disabled romance heroine I've come across. Although, he somehow manages to create a perfect foot from a 20ish year old crush injury. I have my doubts about that one, but I have neither a medical background nor an RDD to consult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty Caitlin, I'm not buying the perfect foot from a twenty-year-oldish injury either...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There have been other disabled Harlequin heroines - blind, deaf, crippled, but always by the end of the book they are seeing, hearing and perfectly-abled. Maybe a slight limp 'when she's over tired'.

    Yeah, I might by that kind of result more today than 20 years ago, or whatever it was.

    For all that I liked the book - look forward to the review.

    me<><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esmeralda is in my top 5! I just love it, and I just re-read it a bit ago so it's nice and fresh in my mind. Yay!

    ReplyDelete