Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Little Baggage


Usually I would post a post at this time on some timely discussion having to do with the just reviewed book but we had a bit of an accident the other day. My little (not littlest) van Voorhees beanerschnitzel got a...let's get this right... Minimal Torus fracture of the Proximal Tibia. Not a bad fracture but our first at Casa van Voorhees. The van Voorhees children are all happily like the anticipated progeny of the house of van Tijlen--well able to get into mischief.

So, we've been making our way to the paediatrician and the radiologist and the orthopaedist (hope you enjoyed the Brit spellings--for you Bettys, all for you!). Not an easy process with the one-year-old on my hip and the four-year-old in the won't-steer-straight stroller.

Of course
, I am checking the benches for unattended parcels. You never know when a bomb will plunge the physio department into darkness...;0)

5 comments:

  1. I have to admit to loving it when La Neels has her hero employed as an orthopaedist. I have a thing for orthopaedists.

    We here at Huis van der Stevejinck have spent inordinate amounts of time in emergency rooms and the orthopaedic outpatient clinics. Five out of eight van der Stevejincks have had to use the services of orthopaedists...two of those did so multiple times.

    I'm just saying, welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the injury! Hope all is well soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the BritSpellCheck! Feel better soon, Kleiner Bienerschnitzel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beterschap arme jongen van Voorhees! (unless my Dutch is wrong and I am stating that my armpits are infected with monkeys named van Voorhees).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Hope the little van Voorhees is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete