Friday, September 3, 2010

Cinema Betty

I have no really good defense of my Cinema Betty pick this week. A Match for Sister Maggy has Maggy, a large, strapping Amazon. Amazon? Why that's just the littlest, tiniest leap to Hawk Men and inter-galactic bad-guys, yes?:
Flash Gordon (1980)
Dearest, darling Max von Sydow, I don't care how high they've tortured
your eyebrows. I don't care that you sold your soul to make this film. I love you,
Betty Keira


The plot makes zero sense but it has my favorite Danish actor (mmmmm...) as Ming the Merciless and a not-too-shabby Timothy Dalton (fielding the Amazon warrior pictured above).
P.S. You may all thank me for not choosing Red Sonja.
P.P.S. Okay, here's some hot Timothy Dalton

7 comments:

  1. Have I failed to mention that Queen did the soundtrack?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie!! It is so campy as to be beyond hilarious! I love the hand in the stump scene or Timothy Dalton riding a space scooter across the sky or a half dozen others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty Barbara here--
    Betty Keira--thank you SO much for the Friday movie. Timothy Dalton was so wonderfully over the top. Hmmm-everyone in this movie was over the top! What great fun!
    And thank you for ignoring Red Sonja!
    Well, you could have done Hercules and the Amazon Women--Kevin Sorbo is nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love that movie, so bad it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Friday gift of Timothy Dalton.

    Close your ears, Betty Keira: Ugh on Max von Sydow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. La la la la la...I'm not listening! ;0)

    ReplyDelete