Friday, September 10, 2010

I'd Like a Nurse to 'Special' My Child.

In Saturday's Child, Abigail has several home nursing jobs. Her patients are usually not all that sick, but she's there to do whatever they need, whenever they need it. Sigh.

My youngest child, age 15, had surgery yesterday. In a way it wasn't a big deal - it's a fairly common surgery. But I wish, oh how I wish, someone else could be his nurse for a couple of days. Help him with whatever he needs, remember to give him his medications at the right time, change the gauze pads, etc. I would especially like someone else to be available to listen to him complain.

Anyone?
I'm actually hopeful that he'll snap back fairly quickly. Less than an hour after I took this picture we were on our way home...after swinging through the drive-thru at McDonalds and picking up TWO McDoubles and a hot fudge sundae.

2 comments: