Friday, January 28, 2011

Garlic Mushrooms

Betty Magdalen brought up the subject of garlic mushrooms.  Thank you.  In spite of the fact that I'm the only person in my house that likes mushrooms.  These are super easy to make and pretty dang cheap (which is right up my alley).


Garlic Mushrooms

Ingredients:
8 oz small button mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt & pepper

Wash and dry the mushrooms. Melt the butter in a small pan then add mushrooms and cook at a medium heat for a couple of minutes stirring constantly. Add the garlic, continue cooking & stirring for another minute or so. Sprinkle a dash each of salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to absolute minimum then cover with a tight fitting lid. Leave the garlic mushrooms to sweat for at least ten to fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally.

Verdict: Yummy and easy?  That's my kind of dish.  Unfortunately not one I'll be making often - I'll wait until more of my kids are home.  I asked Dr. van der Stevejinck how they were: "They looked good - and tasted good...for mushrooms." In the interest of full disclosure, you should be aware that a) Dr. van der Stevejinck is not very fond of mushrooms and b)he ate more than half of them.

You can find garlic mushrooms mentioned in A Little Moonlight, The Bachelor's Wedding and The Most Marvelous Summer.

2 comments:

  1. Betty Barbara here--
    Oh my! Those sound just yummy!!! I am very much a mushroom fan. I'll have to try these--soonest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, divoon (that's divine but more so). I can't wait to make these. Will have to share with Betty Ross because otherwise he'll smell the garlic on my breath...

    Thanks, Betty Debbie. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete