Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And the Winners Are....


The Super Grand Gold Medal Prize goes to Betty Kylene - for bribing the judges with an awesome piece of embroidery AND for making her own nurses cap AND for being our new pin-up Betty. Her prize is a trip to Seattle, a day in the company of The Founding Bettys and Tea at the Queen Mary Tea Room, oh, and a night on my couch...

The Tulips for Augusta Award goes to Betty JoDee. For her train trip to Philidelphia, her hat, her dress (in a useful shad of grey that won't soon date) and for her ideas for future t-shirts. She can use her prize to write bread and butter letters.


The Promise of Happiness Award goes to Betty Magdalen - for extensive wardrobe augmentation in the guise of her Bettysday Tribute T-shirts and for roping in two, count 'em, two, MEN into her celebration.


The No Beastly Dutch Oaths Award goes to Betty Ross, for his Bettysday Crossword Puzzle. He can use his prize to make a Dutch version of the Bettysday Crossword Puzzle.


Betty Barbara and Betty Margaret receive the Clotted Cream Award for highly reverential fanciness (most especially for their picture of their court shoes) and a smashing tea.


Betty Mary is to receive the Bassetts Allsorts Award for her generosity in releasing Betty books into the wilds of Concord.










For all the runners-up, The Araminta Award - in which 'doing good is its own reward'.
*If you haven't ever sent me your address, send it to me by email - I plan on going to the post office by Friday.

17 comments:

  1. On behalf of Betty Ross and myself, thank you. I'm particularly looking forward to the Berlitz book. Oh, wait -- that's *his* prize. Oh, well, didn't he endow me with all his worldly goods? And aren't we in a community property state? And he can drink the tea...

    You guys are the best! You really did make Bettysday what it needed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Barbara here--
    Betty Margaret and I are deeply honored. We had great fun!
    Thank you to the Founding Bettys.

    And yes, Betty Kylene makes a most excellent Betty Pin-Up. What a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, let me get this straight--Betty Kylene is the Gold Medallist and all she gets is a free tea--she DOES belong on a Neels cover! I say as Fellow Bettys we should provide her with a more substantial prize! Hankerchiefs? Scarf?

    For myself, I would like to thank all the little people I stomped on while grasping for a win as well as Betty Magdalen for providing the setting and inspiration for my triumph (alas however, Betty Magdalen, do not expect to share my prize).

    I do so like "Tulips for Augusta"! (despite the unfortunate "Gussie" nickname)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need a Christmas colored silk/silky square scarf for my Holiday furoshiki. But seriously, the free tea was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not expect to share your prize, but you can send me, Betty Ross & Betty Henry individual cards and then I'll have seen 3/4 of the designs. (And if the one I haven't seen is the one on the cover, then I'll have seen all four!)

    I'll send you some strawberry sunset teabags in exchange. But not the honey -- too messy in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. via email:

    I'd like to thank the Allsorts Academy for recognizing my achievement in such a fitting manner. And considering that none of the books I sent out or released got journalled, licorice seems the proper reward. wink, wink, chuckle. At the risk of seeming churlish and being a touch forward, what would a Betty need to do to get chocolate? 8-D
    Congratulations to all those who went before me, or was it above. You truly did the day proud.

    P.S. Just for Debbie: I agree with Betty Jo Dee that Betty Kylene deserves prizes galore. I still have 4 extra Betty books in need of a home. If she doesn't have A Valentine for Daisy, At Odds with Love, The Edge of Winter or Winter Wedding, she is welcome to all or any.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I left off Betty Mary's name for the email post (it was with her address, and we don't share that sort of information!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the heck is a "furoshiki"? Is it legal in the lower 48?

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.carryology.com/2010/02/03/furoshiki-%E2%80%93-the-simple-wrapping-square/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot get over how much Betty Kylene looks like the epitome of a fresh-faced, wholesome Betty Neels' heroine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An Ariminta plump and slightly plain, hair a dark shade of mouse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Betty Kylene,
    I would describe your hair as 'nut brown'. It's a lovely shade.
    Your curls were awesome. Those take real commitment.
    Love and lardy cakes,
    Betty Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although endearing (and very Neels-ish), Betty Kylene has missed our point: Her rich brown tresses loose in a tangle about her shoulders frame a charming face so that when her nose wrinkles in delight it makes the RDD's knees buckle.

    The other Bettys will confirm my assessment. It's funny that we are so familiar with the books that we all recognized Betty Kylene immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The RDD has always wanted to see her hair like that...

    ReplyDelete
  15. To paraphrase Beyoncé, if the RDD wants to see Araminta's hair like that, he has to put a ring on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Or haul her off to treat victims of a barge fire in Amsterdam...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you Bettys crack me up!! And I need it today. Caught the airplane crud on the way home from visiting with my daughter. I agree Betty Kylene is a most worthy winner!

    ReplyDelete