Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bettysday in Concord


Dear SisterBettys,
I was thrilled to see my email on the UJD. What a thrill.
Here's how we celebrated Betty's Birthday. Betty Megan had her golf tournament and I released Betty books in the town of Concord. Sounded English to me! And I was there anyway slipping into a papist church for Wed. night mass. Unlike the Betty gals, I feel very at home there. I've added photos to the release notes on those books.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/8294326 A Small slice of summer
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/8294328 A little moonlight

I offered my ten extra books up on paperbackswap before I let some of them go. One lovely reader requested two books and I was able to post them off from Concord Postal Office wrapped in Birthday paper with a greeting for Betty written on back . http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/8294321
I came home then, and while Prof. Bob der Vue Plane picked up BettyMegan, I prepared the Betty Feast. The only thing actually eaten were the pasties. Prof. Bob der Vue Plane's very spoiled-brother like comment was "these were actually good". The beans on toast and cucumber sandwiches and Spanish wine were, in effect, props as no one would actually eat them. BettyMegan felt the need to instruct me that the cucumbers were supposed to be the filling. (No food was wasted in the staging of this photo. The beans and toast were already leftovers from past meals and the wine never got opened.) For dessert we ate biscuits aka cookies of the rude American type.
I hope you had as much fun as your photos convey.
BettyMary

3 comments:

  1. Whew! Glad you didn't actually eat the beans on toast. I admit I cringed when the picture scrolled up of it--"Wow, that Betty has gone too far!" *laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind the right kind of beans on the right kind of toast but something tells me that they wouldn't be Brit approved...

    Way to knock it out of the park, Betty Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, here's where I admit that I *enjoy* baked beans & hotdogs and even more, I like the sandwich (the British -- but not Betty Neels, who was rather too refined for a word like this -- might have called it a "butty") made with leftover baked beans & hotdogs. Two pieces of Pepperidge Farm white bread, a smear of Hellman's mayo (west of the Rockies: Best mayo), and lots of the leftover BB&HD. Messy, but so very yummy.

    Now, before you all gag a bit, let me clarify that I make baked beans so that there's lots of yummy cooked onions, lots of hotdog slices and not very much of the baked beans.

    ReplyDelete