Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bettysday Eve

I've been looking forward to the Bettysday Crossword Puzzle for months! A week or so ago, Betty Ross emailed his bit of fabulousity...and I have to say, he rocks. I didn't even forward it on to Betty Keira (because she's a cheater...she is the type to open birthday presents early - so sorry to disillusion our gentle readers), so here it is...The long awaited, much anticipated, delighted to have it:

Awesome. Go to the link and print yourself a copy!

We also got an email from Betty Mary with her entry to our Bettysday contest. I wanted to get it posted today for those who want to join in:

Dear BettySisters,
Here's what I'm doing for Bettysday.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/441929
I hope this qualifies. I'm still contemplating a home celebration. My 14 y.old BettyMegan loves reading the books, but can barely tolerate her BettyMom's silly antics. I'm afraid any kind of Bettyparty would go over like a treacle balloon. My HH, BettyBob is trying to tame his generous curves and I'm afraid that serving yorkshire pudding, scones, or cottage pie would get me lashings without the cream.
However 'fate is remarkable', and recently BettyMegan and I spent half a day making Pasties for a church fundraiser (she needed volunteer hours). We learned they rhymed with nasty not hasty! They let us take the rejects home to freeze. Instant Bettyday meal, I'm thinking.
Have you seen Lou's yahoo group for BettyLovers. I've been a member there for a few years. It's a quiet group, but they love their bettys, too. Lou is our moderator and has a tribute site. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BettyNeels/
I've tried several times to become a TUJD 'follower' with no success. This surprises me as I've always been a better follower than leader. But simply clicking 'follow' does not seem to make it so. Any helpful advice on altering my outsider status will be more welcome than Lardy Cakes.
I'm delighted that I found your blog. It's a place where I felt I belonged on my first visit. To paraphrase that famous cuke: I laughed, I cried, you moved me Bettys.
Blessings, Mary


Way to go, Betty Mary!

7 comments:

  1. Wow -- it looks really cool to see Betty Ross's puzzle. (I helped, a little, but really it's his baby.)

    I hope everyone enjoys it while sipping their tea and nibbling on a crumpet, biscuit (i.e., "cookie") or scone. Oh, and as I told Betty Janet, on Bettysday "scone" rhymes with "fawn" not "phone." On Thursday we can all go back to saying it the American way...

    I'm very excited about tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Barbara here--
    Very Miffed to find that I need to sign on for Facebook to get the Crossword puzzle. Ahem--I am one of the 4 remaining people without Facebook and I like it that way.(Curmudgeon noises here!!) Not even for Betty will I sign up.

    So--what is a Betty to do??

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Betty Ross gives the okay, we could maybe email you a bootleg copy. Although if we have his permission it wouldn't technically be bootleg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty Barbara here--
    Oooh, that would be sooo nice. Thank you, and Betty Ross too.
    Not that I will have a whole lot of time to work it, as I shall be making cucumber sandwiches and other goodies in preparation for BettysDay! And polishing my court shoes, of course.
    But on the evening of BettysDay I should have plenty of time....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I thought Scribd would make things easier for people ... no idea you'd have to subscribe to Facebook to look at the puzzle.

    I've copied it to my site here: Happy Birthday. Bettys: feel free to update the link in the post too. NB, all the lines on the grid will appear when you print the PDF.

    Yes Bettys, you can also email the PDF to people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty Barbara here--
    Joy!! Thank you, Betty Ross, for the new link. It printed perfectly!! I shall set it aside to work on Bettysday afternoon, with a cup of tea, of course.
    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty Barbara again--
    The puzzle was a delight to work and very clever with it! I giggled happily whilst working it.
    Thank you again to Betty Magdalen and Betty Ross for a quality diversion for Bettysday.

    ReplyDelete