Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Growing Pains

Lest the beginnings of The Uncrushable Jersey Dress become shrouded in mystery, veiled by the span of time, let's review.

Betty Keira introduced Betty Debbie to La Neels two or three years ago. I was skeptical. Harlequin Romance novels??? Sooo not my thing. She pushed, I succumbed..."resistance is futile"...she whispered sibilantly. Since then we have collected BN and traded the books back and forth whenever we happened to see each other (3 -4 times a year, maybe). We would chat on the phone and compare our thoughts about the different stories, speculate on Betty Neels herself, and laugh about the absurdities found therein. We both have personal blogs and so have some experience - albeit limited.

A few months ago we agreed that it would be a lot of fun to write a blog about some of our favorite authors/books (we really do read other genres, I promise)...we ultimately came to the conclusion that it would be simplest for us to narrow it down to just Betty Neels. Betty Tia came up with the name...(a simple thank you is not enough for that-I think she needs a book)

The Uncrushable Jersery Dress is still a young blog, barely out of it's infancy. As we work on raising our "baby", we ask for a little patience, and input...with your help, The Uncrushable Jersey Dress will hopefully become the source for all things Neels.

I would like to take a moment and point out some new features on The Uncrushable Jersey Dress. First of all, our awesome "email" button. Betty Keira and her husband set it up for us...now you can contact us to ask questions or make requests.

We have Dr. van der Stevejinck (my husband) to thank for the "recent comments" gadget. Thank you honey.

And, lastly, a new feature added by request of reader Janet Webb - who used our email button to make a request (we shall now call her "Betty Janet") - you can now link directly from the book list on the sidebar to the review of that particular book! I'm excited about this one - because I figured it out all by myself. If this were a paying gig, I'd be owed some serious overtime. My computer skills are not of the highest caliber...but with luck and a little Betty determination, I managed to do it.

5 comments:

  1. You ROCK ... omg, I'm so excited. Guess what: today I bought, sorry, I, Betty*Janet bought, Winter Wedding.

    Who needs sleep when I have the pleasure of reading it? Thanks y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Betty Janet! Betty Keira and I talked about putting links from the sidebar to the reviews...but we didn't know how to do it. After your request, I started experimenting and stumbled across a solution.

    I'm with you about the whole sleep/reading thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter Wedding is my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And while you're still taking suggestions, could we have a debate / vote sometime on our favorite BN books? Older ones? (Fate is Remarkable -- if you want someone to do a guest review of that, I'm game...) The Middle Years? The Later Canon? "Heroes: Dutch v. English? Discuss!"

    Stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete