Thursday, February 11, 2010

Betty Tasting Table

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then this post is a 12,000+ word essay.

On February 6th (the day after skiing/not skiing) we had our first ever Betty Tasting Table. Attendance: 24. Twenty three of us are related, but Betty Kylene braved the crowd and came to add some (much needed) fanciness. Menu:
  • Betty Debbie made two batches of profiteroles, with Betty Tia and Minjeer Dad helping to fill them.
  • Betty Keira made sausage rolls...with the leftover filling serendipitously going into the leftover cream puffs.
  • Lardy cake. Because I could.
  • Rich tea biscuits.
  • Digestive biscuits.
  • Wafer thin almond biscuits.
  • Petit ecolier biscuits.
  • French berry lemonade, limeade

I know it sounds like a lot, but trust me, there were no leftovers. We took an "exit poll" of anyone who would stand still...here goes:

On the subject of sausage rolls: Brian (age 40ish) "Ooh, I liked them." Melanie (age 6) "This is amazing". Brady (age 11) "Exquisite." Alex (age 19) "Rolls of sausagy goodness."

On the subject of lardy cake: Betty Kylene (age 30ish) "I think lardy cake is fantastic. I would like to try a fruit free lardy cake." Betty Tia (age 30+ish) "I like my lardy cake like my men...substantial and vast with hidden gems."

On the subject of profiteroles: Morgan (age 6) "It's really good." Natalie (age 9) "The cream puffs were the best...cause they had cream inside." Kendra (age 11) "I like the way that the chocolate is warm and the cream is cool."

On the subject of digestive biscuits: Betty Kylene (age 30ish) "I was whisked back to East Finchley."

2 comments:

  1. I love the color progression on the "petit fours" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to train up those petit fours in the way of La Neels.

    ReplyDelete