Thursday, February 25, 2010

Say What? Contest....

Tomorrow is the last day of our "give the picture a caption" contest! You may be thinking to yourself:
"But Betty Debbie! I've already entered". That's fine - feel free to enter again. And again.
"But Betty Debbie! I'm just a humble lurker - A Betty wannabe." Join the crowd! If you don't want to leave your entry in the comments section, shoot us an email and we'll post for you.
"But Betty Debbie! I live so far away - how will I collect my prize?" Not to worry, young padawan, we Bettys know our way around a post office.

Here are our entries so far:

  1. "You know how to whistle, don't you, Dr. van der Stevejinck? Just put your lips together and blow."
  2. "Oooh, I am the Baroness Van der Heiden van Hottentot and have been since our marriage of convenience six weeks ago, and your entire family has conspired with you to keep this from me because I once said that I disliked wealthy, upper-crust individuals never figuring out that the mansion we live in and Jollys do not really belong to your never-seen but obviously generous aging uncle who prefers to live in the country?"
  3. "Oh no! I have just fallen in love with him and now I must hide it because he will never love me." she thought.
    A twinkle appeared in his eyes as he guessed the inner workings of her mind, but he would say nothing for now.
  4. "Hmmmm. Ooops. I am part of a Betty Neels novel of the dark, sorry Dark Lord oeuvre, and I am pursing my lips because I'm not sure if my ebil model younger sister has drugged her (our) niece/nevvie twin set so that she can go to town. Puzzled look: I didn't administer enuff to kill did I?"
  5. "Ooh, he's going to kiss me! Better have a Certs so my breath is nice and fresh!!"
  6. "Gertude dear, your lips are beautiful and all, but do you really need to do that all the time?"
  7. "Oh no! My sister has taken all the housekeeping money to buy herself a fake fur jacket with rhinestone buttons. Whatever shall I do, Dr. Wal der Walkarpitz?"
  8. "Would you like to check out my tonsils Dr. Svenerjink?
  9. "I thought we were playing a game of consequences!"
  10. "You have how many children that you want me to look after?"
  11. "Ouch, I believe that your magnificent Alsatian just nipped me on my sensibly clad posterior!"
    The professor, hiding quiet amusement behind heavily lidded eyes, examined the body part in question with an impersonal hand . . . .
  12. "Now that is a darling jersey dress, in a very tasteful shade of dove-grey...and I'll bet it's uncrushable, too!"



Compose more entries, or tell us which ones are your favorites! Results will be posted Saturday - whenever we, The Grand Poobah Arbiters of Everything, get around to it.

7 comments:

  1. They are all pretty funny, but #7 is my absolute favorite......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Bettys are the best Bettys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You gave away a copy of Fate is Remarkable, Betty Keira?!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know! But I was younger then! Naive! I was just a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, that's my new entry for the contest!

    ReplyDelete