Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Peeking Through the Blinds

I just took a gander back at one of our older posts and noticed that we have a new friend! Here's a shout out to Magdalen! We're happy to welcome new friends here at The Uncrushable Jersey Dress...and it's lovely to meet someone who was there to read Betty when she started.

We only had one criteria of success for our little blog, and that was to have an actual person who was actually not related to us actually read and comment. We have succeeded. [Betty Keira] I can die happy now. Of all the gin-joints in all the blogs in all the inter-webs...

This is the equivalent of a loaf of warm bread to the people who showed up with a moving van next door. We promise not to be too needy. We won't ask to borrow your pruning shears and tell you about our impetigo for at least a month.

We promise not to stalk you. Betty Debbie promises not to stalk you but Betty Keira is still geeking out. The blog has been like collecting white colored rocks and arranging them into an S.O.S pattern visible to low-flying aircraft. Light the fires! Someone found us!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the hilarity that lies within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks. The only reason I'm late to this post is that I'm reading them in chronological order while doing all the other things I'm supposed to be doing *coughdirtylaundrycough* and so have not allowed myself to gobble your entire blog in one sitting.

    (My dad said he once ate way too many of "lashings of whipped cream" in a single go and the result was he didn't eat whipped cream for two whole years. Isn't that sad? I'd like to say that taught me a valuable lesson about restraint and self-control and pacing oneself, etc., etc. but it would be a lie. I'm definitely an adherent to the principles that "instant gratification takes too long" and "you can never have too much of a good thing.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the DH is a huge fan too -- not of Betty Neels (he's more of a Dickens guy) but of your blog. He blogs daily about the NYTimes crossword puzzle here and particularly admires (as I do) the sheer elegance of your blog.

    So we're both wondering -- who's got the day job as a web designer????

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Instant gratification takes too long". That is now my new favorite quote.

    Welcome to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to do the NYTimes crossword puzzle too!...but I'm really only good through Wednesdays...the occasional Thursday, and Sunday ONLY if I get the theme early on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter and I are hooked on Betty and this site - so much fun!! We are collecting the books and planning to enjoy a Betty Neels- type tea, complete with Jersey dresses, if possible, sometime this fall.

    ReplyDelete