Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Contest Reminder

Just a reminder....we've got a contest going on right now. You have until Saturday morning (on the west coast of North America....). What are we doing? Here's a link to the contest post. We're giving more memorable titles to some novels with less than brain sticking titles. And the candidates are:

The End of the Rainbow
A Small Slice of Summer
The Most Marvelous Summer


You can either post your submissions in the comment section here OR email us and I'll post it for you (see email button on sidebar).

I know, some of you are saying to yourselves:
"But Betty Debbie! I've never even commented on this blog before. It might be considered presumptuous of me." To that we say, "Nonsense! Join the party!"

"But Betty Debbie! I live in Reykjavik - how will I get my prize?" To that our response is, "Sure, it might take a while for you to get your prize, but we always make sure our carrier pigeons are well fed before any trans-oceanic flights. The cost of pigeon feed is no object."

6 comments:

  1. As a humble former winner, I can attest to the superlative nature of the tote bag prize--now a treasured possession.

    I was thinking the other day that a book cover in the shocking contrasting prints in the style of...shall we say, hmm, Freedom of Friesland...would be worth a feverish number of entries, or even better, happy to make a purchase from or donation to a Founding Betty Fund. Regular book covers are too big (made for fat travel guides to Brighton fiction, I suppose) for the slender volumes (yet not skinny) of La Neels.

    Hint, hint...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too creative, I'm too distracted right now, but joining the fun!

    Tishy takes a Tumble
    Lumps for Matilda
    Olympia's finish line Surprise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I really like The End of the Rainbow. I think the cover is one of my favorites, I think it represents the story very well, and that Olympia is very pretty. But, I'm hoping to see some really good "new" titles for it and the other two!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I only have "Best of" version of The End of the Rainbow...so I don't have the awesome cover art. Those "Best of" covers do not often give much of a clue at what is inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few more tries--

    End of the Rainbow--A Tale of Two Terrible Aunts

    Small Slice of Summer--Tishy the Wet Tissue

    Betty Barbara

    ReplyDelete