Friday, April 2, 2010

Cover Art Contest

We're going to be reviewing The Moon for Lavinia sometime this month, so I thought this might be a good time for another cover art contest.

Here's the challenge: Make up a fun caption to go with the picture. The reward? Your very own Neels book - from our treasure trove.

I'll start:

"Lavinia tried to act nonchalant as she walked down the lane by the canal. She hoped no one would notice that she had super-glued her hand to the picture of Dr. Dutch van der Blondehunjk."

Leave your submission in the comments section or email it to us and I'll post it for you. We'll take entries up until Thursday, April 8th by midnight-ish (like I'm staying up for that!) and then we will let y'all weigh in on your faves (final choice to be made by The Grand Poobah Arbiters of Everything, natch).

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I haven't read this one. Does she really wear her hair down in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty JoDee -- Almost certainly not. Some of the heroines are described as having hair that they wear down and slightly curly, but Betty Neels never bothers to describe the actually occasions when this hair style occurs, so we never see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavinia's thought balloon: "I'm so glad Central Casting sent me this head shot of John Forsythe. While he's not quite right as an exemplar for my the RDD of my dreams -- the hair is a bit pouffy and he looks too American -- it's close enough. I should be able to find my RDD with this!"

    [R.I.P. John Forsythe. As others have pointed out, we can only hope he got to say, "Good morning Angels," when he got to the pearly gates.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd been trying to work up a John Forsythe mention caption for this, too, but was coming up empty. So glad someone else made the connection!
    Michele B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara here
    Add me to the John Forsythe crowd. Now I will have to get my thinking cap on and try to come up with something else. When's the deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, that cover makes no sense

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lavinia had known from the moment she "borrowed" Dr.Mcdromerig's photo(McDreamy in Dutch)from his beautiful house that it was a match made in Paperback Heaven. Now if only the red Police car would stop chasing her...

    ReplyDelete