Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tats


In The Moon for Lavinia our heroine takes Sibby and Peta to a military tattoo. On the flimsiest of relationships this prompts me to discuss body art.

This Betty went with her children to a water park earlier this week--our great, socking Toyota minivan eating up the miles in fecund elegance. Water parks are not something that I see our Betty heroines doing. Deep-bosomed matronly types who come and do the rough might and as I've always related to that sort...

Anyway, it turns out that the Pacific Northwest has a heavily tattooed population--which you might not generally know unless you're willing to wade in with the chlorinated masses. So, some of my favorites:
  • One man had "In Vino Veritas" on one arm and something else in Latin running from shoulder to wrist on the other arm. I know it was classy because it was Latin.
  • One very plain smile face (circle, two dots, smile line) on an upper shoulder of a man old enough to look foolish sporting it.
  • Assorted eagles, hearts, wings, et. al.
So, my question is, if you as a faithful Betty were to sport a tattoo...what would it be?

Mine would be 'Araminta' and I would put it on the least saggy place on my body. (The bottom of the foot?)

3 comments:

  1. I happen to know there's a picture of someone I know *wink* *wink* getting a tat in Hawaii....I could probably even dig up a copy of said picture...and speaking of Hawaii and tats, what about the picture of all of us with our "tats"? I sense a missed opportunity here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but no -- there are *no* taut portions of my anatomy left, so no tats for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Site And good post. I Really Like It. Great Job! Thanks for posting it.I would Like To Come Again.

    ReplyDelete